Saturday, January 12, 2013

Right now

Right now, I am:

Enjoying playing solitaire. I downloaded the game on my phone last week and my free time has been consumed ever since.

Appreciating time I have with family and friends. Many friends are losing their loved ones lately, and it is really making me slow down and enjoy the time I have with the people I love. I know it sounds cliche, but it is so very true.

Allowing myself to order multiple boxes of girl scout cookies. Lemon, Thin Mint, Carmel Delites and Peanut Butter Sandwiches. Hey, it's for a good cause!

Hoping for good news. For a good friend. For a coworker. For myself.

Itching to redo the kitchen. We have been spending some time at the local Lowe's Hardware, and I am now on a kitchen kick. New counter tops, new sink and a new faucet are all I am asking for :)

Imagining a nice, summer vacation. Yes, I know it is January. But I am already imagining (and maybe searching for) a relaxing place my hubby and I can spend a week of our summer.

Closing the book on a past friendship. A book that, in reality, was closed over a year ago. It has taken me this long, but I am finally accepting that it is over. It isn't easy to say good-bye to something, or someone, you have invested so much time and love into.

Missing friends and family. After having a full house for about a week at Christmas time, things seem kinda empty around here with just D, Sophie and me.

Trying to get back into the swing of things after a 2 week vacation at Christmas time. It hasn't been easy, but I'm getting there.

Remembering to be happy with what I have and not worry about where we are going.

Happy Saturday :)


No comments:

Post a Comment