Sunday, May 12, 2013

With Love

I have been blessed with two strong, amazing mother figures in my life.

A grandmother who has showed me what it means to unconditionally love someone, family or not. A woman who is the definition of an angel. A woman who lives by the Word of God and follows it with all of her being. A woman who raised 6 children through many difficult times. A woman who knows when to be gentle and when to be firm. A woman who still serves herself last. A woman who I am lucky enough call Grandma

A mother who has showed me what it means to be a mother. An amazing mother. A woman who puts family first in all that she does. A woman who taught me what it means to work for something you really want. A woman who can always brighten up a day with her smile and laugh. A woman who I am told I look exactly like. A woman who has shown me how to be a wife, to support your husband, through good times and bad. A woman who has shown me how to be a sister, and love your siblings with all you have, even when they drive you crazy. A woman I am lucky enough to call Mom. 

But most importantly, these two women have shown me what a blessing the mother-daughter relationship can be. They have showed me how a mother should take care of their daughter, answer the phone at any time, listen to any rant, make a visit no matter the distance. They have showed me how a daughter should respect her mother, value her advice, help her in times of need. They have showed me how a mother and a daughter can truly be best friends. 

My grandmother and mother, together, have made me the woman I am today. The sister I am. The wife I am. 

And I can only hope, that one day, when God decides to make me a mother, that I can be the same strong woman that my grandmother and my mother have been for me all these years. 

I love you, Mom. 

I love you, Grandma.

I hope you both know how special you are to me, on this Mother's day, and always. 






No comments:

Post a Comment