Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Blah...

Today was one of those days. You know, those days when you add things to the to-do list faster than you check them off. When you feel overwhelmed with everything going on in your life, personally & professionally. When you feel like someone is out to get you. One of those days that the moment you hit the sack can't get here fast enough.

Yep. One of those. So much so that I actually enjoyed sitting in traffic on Business 40 on the way home because I could listen to music and have 15 minutes to myself. 

You know how else I know it was a bad day? I went for a walk and ended up in a run. Me. I hate running. But I had so much on my mind tonight that it actually felt good. Weird.

Anyways, as I was running (Yay me!), I was thinking about how my bad day probably has nothing on some peoples good days. I need to not have a pity party and I need to be more thankful. 

So, I decided to make a list of the things I am most thankful for:

This handsome guy

Our house to come home to after
one of those days

Mom, Dad and Brother. 
Couldn't have been born into a better family!

A Grandma who is like a 2nd mother to me and
even my crazy Grandpa.

Wine. In particular, this glass I am
enjoying as I type.

Papers to grade. Sort of. 
Hey, it means I have a job.

These girls...

And these girls...

 And these girls.

My sweet niece and nephew

My awesome co-workers
I'm partial to the 1st & 4th grade teams :)

 Another great co-worker & friend
And that sweet baby CK


OK. I think you get it. I am pretty lucky. I have wonderful people and things in my life that a lot of people do not have. I always know this in the back of my mind, but it helps to remind myself sometimes. I guess even on those days, things aren't really that bad. 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Lindsey for this Blog - made me stop and think about all the great things in my life too. I hope today will be better for you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I'm LAST on your list, Yinds, I LOVE YOU! And thank you for the reminder, the perspective, that we all have so many gifts and so many things to be thankful for. Just know that you're much closer to the TOP of MY list. ;)

    ReplyDelete