Thursday, November 1, 2012

My MOH

Let me tell you about this girl I know...

A girl who would do anything for anyone, even a stranger. She is the most kind-hearted person I know. She has an amazing work ethic, working and going to nursing school full-time. She is the kind of person you could call in the middle of the night because you are upset and she would stop everything she is doing to calm you down (She may or may not have done that for me a few times in life). She is a loyal sister, daughter, girlfriend, employee, friend and most importantly, my MOH.

For those of you who don't know, MOH stands for Maid of Honor. And not long after meeting Kateri, we knew that our friendship was special. We literally spent every day together. She was always, and I mean always, there for me. She has gotten me through many rough times. She is the best friend a girl could ask for, even though she is 500 miles away now. And while we no longer get to spend every day together, I know that Kateri is always there to get me through a rough time. She always has, and always will be, my MOH.

So, you can imagine my worry when I saw coverage on Hurricane Sandy right in "Brick, NJ" on CNN. Everything was a mess. A big, scary mess. And the first thing that came to my mind was her. Of course, I had seen her posts on Facebook, so I knew she was OK. But, after seeing the damage in her hometown, I had to talk to her. I was able to get a message through on Facebook, since her cell phone service is down. It was such a relief to know that she was safe. Her family is OK. Her house is OK. Things are OK. Not good, by any means, but OK.

So, tonight, I am thankful for my friendship with her. I am thankful to have people like her in my life, every day. You just never know how fast life can change.

 I know one thing that won't change though, and that is my friendship with my BFF, my candy girl, my MOH.

The beginning...

 Typical




One of my all-time favorites....
Sneaking a "smoke" in the closet
We know. We're weird. 


 My MOH


No comments:

Post a Comment