Sunday, November 25, 2012

Kid at Heart

I think it is fair to say that the holidays tend to bring out the inner child in all of us. We get excited about spending time with family, giving and receiving gifts, playing in the snow (if we have any) and watching old classic holiday movies.

My husband and family often tell me I am like a kid, at all times of the year. Holidays apparently have no effect on me because I act like a 10 year old all the time :) I'll share with you the many ways...

1- If an episode of Saved By the Bell, Full House or Boy Meets World is on, you will have a hard time pulling me away from a T.V.

2- I will do anything almost anything for a bowl of Lucky Charms, extra marshmallows.

3- I honestly believe the Halloween isn't Halloween without carving pumpkins, Easter isn't Easter with Easter Baskets, and Christmas isn't Christmas without surprise gifts under the tree from Santa. And stockings- can't forget the stockings!

4- If my grandma is around, I will be by her side. I have followed her around since I was little and I'm not stopping now. We snuggle and walk with our arms around each other, just like a little girl does with her grandma. Doesn't matter that I'm 27 now, right?

5- "Finding Nemo" and "Now and Then" are still two of my all-time favorite movies.

6- Chocolate chip cookies, pizza and chicken tenders are staples in my diet. Healthy, I know.

7- I eat ketchup on everything.

8- Days spent in pajama's are great days as far as I'm concerned. Productive, no. Enjoyable, yes.

9- When my little brother is around, we are guaranteed to fight at some point. Kicking, wrestling, arguing. It happens every time. But, hey, we really do love each other!

10- I love to play with other kids. Children are my favorite types of people in the whole world! They are so imaginative and carefree. Maybe one more reason why I strive to be like them :)


The list could go on and on. And I am sure my husband, mother, father and brother would LOVE to add a few things, but I just don't think that is necessary :)

Behaving like a child around the holidays (and maybe other times of the year) is a great way to take a break from being so serious and have a good time. I recommend you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment