Tuesday, December 31, 2013

It's almost 2014!

As 2013 comes to a close,  I can't help but reflect on what a difference a year makes.

I remember very vividly, while ringing in the new year with my Washington favs,  taking a moment with D and talking about my resolution. I remember asking if getting pregnant could be a resolution. I remember the frustration I felt in that moment. I wanted nothing more than to be pregnant. To have a baby of our own.

But, along with the frustration, I remember a glimmer of hope. I remember feeling like a new year would bring new things. I had hope for 2013.

And here I sit now, 31 weeks pregnant with our first baby, looking at a lopsided tummy and feeling our baby move inside me.

The hope I felt last New Years Eve has become a reality.

And now, as 2014 approaches, I know this is the year we will meet our baby girl. We will finally see her face, and kiss her cheeks, and hold her in our arms. I know so much is going to change this year for our family. We will become a family of 3. I, no doubt, will watch my husband get wrapped around our beautiful girl's finger. I will become a mother. What a difference a year makes.

With a new year comes new hope. And I pray that no matter what frustration you have experienced in 2013, that 2014 will bring you and yours health, happiness, and most of all, hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment