Monday, December 23, 2013

Love

Things I am loving right now...

... Extra time with family around the holidays. My brother and his girlfriend are in town from Boston, mom & dad have time off work, and even D has a few days off from his new job. Oh, I should mention, my new niece, Lilly, who I get to spend some time with!


... Baby kicks, punches & hiccups. Basically, I love every time I feel our baby girl moving around inside my belly, making sure we don't forget about her :) I have had a few kicks to the ribs and the bladder here lately, which don't feel so great, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.

... The sight of D working to put the final touches on the nursery. He has worked so hard in that nursery, painting walls/closets, installing the closet shelving I hoped for, putting together the crib & changing table, hanging things on the walls, and even cleaning it up. I love to see him working so hard to make me happy, and to make a beautiful room for our girl.


... Hot chocolate and peanut butter blossoms. My sweet mom has been making me hot chocolate when I visit for our after dinner dessert, and this weekend she made my favorite cookies! I love that woman.... and those cookies!

...Tums. It's not actually the Tums I love, but the relief from the burning feeling in my esophagus is what makes them so wonderful.

... Christmas time in general. I love this time of year! I love the way our house looks decorated for Christmas, the way our fresh tree makes our house smell, the Holiday candle from Bath & Body works, wrapping & giving presents, listening to Christmas songs on the radio, and the joy on everyone's faces. Even as an adult, it is magical.

... a 2 week vacation from work! We don't go back until January 6th and I plan on enjoying every day :)




1 comment:

  1. The pictures of D in the nursery made me tear up! I LOVE YOU!! AND OG!!

    ReplyDelete