Wednesday, February 12, 2014

37 weeks & randoms

A few important randoms...


* We found out at my 37 week appointment yesterday that baby girl is breech. I pretty much knew, but the ultrasound confirmed it. Because of baby's size and position, combined with my strangely shaped uterus, we decided to schedule a c-section. Looks like we will be meeting our girl on February 24th! I have mixed feelings about going under the knife, but there is not much else we can do at this point, and it isn't so bad knowing the day we get to meet her. And for those who aren't counting the days, February 24th is only 12 days from now!

* The cradle that we have been waiting for since July finally made its way to NC and in our house! When my mom was pregnant with me, my grandpa hand made a beautiful cradle for me to sleep in as a baby. It was used with each of my cousins as well. Since I am the oldest grandchild and the first to have a baby, it was important to me to have Olivia sleep in the cradle as well. So, this past weekend, my mom and dad rented a minivan and drove all the way to NY and picked it up for us! And now, we have the sheets on and it is ready for use again after 20ish years! So, so special.

* Speaking of special, we are also using the blanket that my grandma made for me when I was born in the nursery. In fact, it is what I planned the whole nursery color scheme around. So, we have two very important and meaningful hand-me-downs ready for use with our girl!

*One of my best friends and old college roommate, Lauren, and her husband had their little girl on Saturday! She was not due until February 22nd, but I guess she could not wait to meet her mom & daddy. She is absolutely precious, and that means our turn is next! 

* After calling my insurance company this morning, I found out that breast bumps are 100% covered as of January 2014. Wahoo! This saves us a good chunk of change so I am glad I finally got a chance to call and talk to someone about it. 

* We got a good amount of snow here today, which meant a snow day from school. Normally, I would be sick of the snow and not excited about adding school days on at later dates, but it sure does feel good to get some things done around the house and take some time to relax. 

* We have had two absolutely amazing baby showers. I can not say enough thanks to the family and friends that pitched in to help with the showers or brought/sent gifts for our little girl. She is so loved already and we are so lucky to have such awesome people in our lives! 

No comments:

Post a Comment