Sunday, February 2, 2014

Almost done!

28 days.

4 weeks.

1 month.

That's how long we have until we meet our girl!

I am officially 36 weeks pregnant today. The baby is the size of a watermelon now and could decide to make her appearance anytime in the next month. It has been the longest, fastest 9 months of my life. Really though, the days have dragged at times but it is hard to believe that it has been 36 weeks already.

We pretty much have everything done in the nursery. D installed the car seat. Hospital bags are  packed. Lamaze classes are almost finished. Hospital tour is scheduled for this week. Weekly doctor appointments start this week. We are about as ready as we will be for this whole parenting thing!

I am so anxious to meet her. To hold her. To kiss her. To see what color her eyes are. To see what color her hair is. Will she look like me? Will she look like D? I'm sure she will be perfect. And beautiful.

I can't wait to see D get to finally hold his girl. I have been bonding with her for 36 weeks now, holding her inside and feeling her every move. And while D has felt some of it, he has had nowhere near the experience I have.  It is his turn. I can't wait to see her wrap him around her fingers. He is going to be such a great daddy.

A lot is going through my mind right now, and honestly, I have my fears about the whole labor and delivery process, but it all goes away when I think about meeting her.


No comments:

Post a Comment