Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Goals

I have started giving my students a daily goal on the board in class. We develop the goal for the day based on behaviors and choices made the previous day. It has worked so well, and it is a great visual reminder!

In fact, it works so well that I have decided I need to do this for myself. It is no secret that the past few weeks have been rough for me. So, I have decided to make a few (achievable) goals for myself for the remainder of the week, and document them here to hold myself accountable.

1. Take things one day at a time. I will not worry today about what tomorrow holds. Tomorrow is not guaranteed and I will not waste today worrying about tomorrow ( or the next day...).

2. Laugh out loud multiple times each day. Find time to talk with friends, co-workers, family members and hubby because they always know how to make me smile.

3. Remind myself daily that someone, somewhere, has things much worse than me and be thankful for what I have. 

Now, I am on a mission to stick to these goals the same way I expect my students to stick to their goals each day. So, if ya see me around, make me laugh and help me out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment