Sunday, September 15, 2013

6 weeks...

Yesterday I hit the 6 weeks pregnant mark. It still feels so weird to say that. I am pregnant. I have been waiting to say those words for so long.

Honestly, the last few days have been hard. So hard. I go in and out of feeling sick all day long. Right when I think I am about to feel better, the nausea takes over again. I have to constantly keep something in my stomach, which is turning out to be quite the task, as just the thought of most food makes me gag. D has been awesome about getting me whatever food I think I might be able to stomach, making constant runs to the grocery store down the road (thankfully we have one nearby!). My skin is absolutely horrible, causing me to cringe every time I look in the mirror.

Truth be told, as miserable as it is, I am so glad this is happening. Every time I feel sick or notice a new pimple, I am reminded that there is a blueberry-sized (!) human growing inside me. A blueberry that I will one day call my son or daughter. And, when I remember that still unbelievable fact, it makes me so excited :)

We have our first ultrasound on July 15th. I will be 7 weeks 2 days pregnant. I am hoping and praying every free minute that we see our little one up on that screen, heart beating away, and we will be reminded, once again, that this is real.

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment