Sunday, September 15, 2013

Slacker

I have definitely been slacking on the blog posting. But, we have been SO busy lately with the beginning of the school year and this little turnip in my belly :)

Today I turned 16 weeks pregnant. I am certainly showing and finally looking pregnant and not just fat! Our next appointment isn't until September 30th, and then the BIG one on October 7th- the anatomy scan! Soon we will know if we should be calling "it" a he or she! Can. Not. Wait.

I have started feeling much better. The only time I feel bad is when I go too long without eating or spend too much time in the car. I am eating constantly because I always seem to be hungry. My skin has started to clear up a little, although it still doesn't look great. Either way, I am loving this. I love being able to rub my belly :) It has started to firm up, so it really feels like a pregnant belly now!

And, I am pretty sure I felt he/she move for the first time this week. I was laying down and felt a little flutter on my right side. I described it as how the wave at the football game looks, that is how it felt. It was awesome and made my night! I have not felt him/her since though, and am looking forward to the next little flutter.

We have started the process of cleaning out the guest room and preparing it to become a nursery. D is going to work on the closet this weekend, and hopefully we will start painting soon!  I am hesitant to do too much until we know a gender, so we are doing what we can for now.

Oh, and we bought a crib! Yay! It is beautiful, and my sweet mom/dad/hubby drove me all the way to Charlotte one night after work just to buy it! Thanks guys! Love ya!



Baby Hayes has started to get a few more items added to his/her wardrobe, and everything we have gotten is absolutely adorable! Here are a few pics of the cute stuff...


Precious onesie from a SUPER friend
Bow comes off if it is a boy!

ECU bib :)
Thanks Kim!

And these boots I just HAD to have...


No comments:

Post a Comment