Friday, September 7, 2012

Sticks and stones

Sticks and stones may break my bones
But words will never hurt me.

Whoever made this up is a liar.

Sure, sticks and stones break bones, but those kind of breaks can be healed. Words hurt more than any stick or stone could ever hurt. And heartbreak does not heal easily.

Nothing makes me happier than a compliment from my husband, a friend or a co-worker. And nothing makes me feel inadequate like that one person who says it's not good enough.

Maybe it is because I teach elementary school, but I am a firm believer in the old Bambi saying:

 "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all".

2 comments:

  1. "You is kind. You is special. You is important." Kathryn Stockett, The Help

    You are all those things and more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the lead with our grade level this year. I appreciate you being there when I cant be. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete