Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The only thing that stays the same is...

Everything Changes.

It is one of my all-time favorite songs, by Tracy Lawrence. It is a song about how things in life are crazy, unpredictable and constantly changing. I remember loving this song in middle school, when it first came out. Mostly because I liked how it sounded. But now that I am getting older (AHHH!), I love the song for a different reason.

Because it is so very true. I wish it wasn't sometimes. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about that. I am learning to accept it, but it isn't coming easily. I have a hard time with change. I am not flexible. I like routines. I like familiarity. It comforts me. And when things change, especially drastically, I do not adjust well.

Sometimes, I can understand why things change. I am aware of a reason. In these cases, although I may not be happy about it, I can cope. I can grieve and move on with life.

Other times, however, there is no reason. Things change. People change. For no apparent reason at all. I do not handle this type of change well. I can't help but wonder what I did wrong. Wonder why this is happening. And no matter how many people tell me to move on, I can't.

Maybe I just need some closure. An explanation. A reason.

But life, and people, don't always give us an explanation. So, I guess it is up to me to find some kind of closure for myself. And, remember that it is like the song says "Time marches on...".

No comments:

Post a Comment