Sunday, September 30, 2012

There's a first time for everything

We just got home today from another fun-filled weekend with our Washington friends. We managed to tailgate for 6 hours in the nonstop rain and make it through the first (almost) 2 quarters of the ECU football game. What an awesome time. There is just nothing like a college football game, on the home field of your Alma Mater. Anyways, I digress...

We were talking, as usual, and we realized all of the "firsts" I have experienced since these great folks came into my life. And we decided that I needed to document all of these things. So, here it goes:

1. My first grown-up-full-time-teaching job. I started my student teaching with the amazing Kim Copeland, which was next door to the hilarious Merilynn Crisp. I ended up in my own classroom at the same school 1 year later near the fabulous Emily Bland. What would I do without these ladies in my life? They have become some of Dustin and I's favorite people to spend our weekends with. 

2. My first time holding a newborn baby. Weird I know. And maybe I held my brother when he was a newborn and I was like 3. But, the first time the grown up me held a newborn baby was at Down on Main at one of our monthly girls nights. And, BTW, that newborn baby just turned 3.

3. My first time at a funeral visitation. This was not such a fun experience, but it was a first nonetheless. I am thankful and lucky to not have had to attend one of these until the ripe ol' age of 23. And glad to have that "first" over with. 

4. My first (and only) time living alone. And by alone, I mean all alone. No roommates, nothing. Just me and my Sophie-dog. This should prove how much I love these girls- I was willing to live alone just to continue to work and play with them daily!

5. My first time calling 911. Oh dear. This story. There aren't enough words to describe this one. Let's just say that we came across a man, laying in the street- literally in the street, across from my house (where I lived ALONE). The guy was drunk? Or high? We still don't know. But I called 911 and Meri talked him through it, if you want to call it that. What is important is that he was not there when I returned the next day (because there was NO way I was sleeping in the house alone after finding that crazy clown man outside). 

6. My first time tailgating in an RV, which is definitely the way to go when it comes to a tailgate. Every time I had to pee, which if you know me is a lot, I did not have to walk to the Port-a-potty. Or the nearest woods. I was actually able to use a somewhat regular bathroom. Luxury I tell ya!

7. My first time buying gold, which explains why we are the "gold girls". Miss those gold days!

A lot of memories have been made with these girls, and I look forward to many more "firsts" together! Here are a few pics from the most recent tailgate/football game fun:


ECU colored Bud Light? Yes please!


The new iPhone system takes panoramic pictures, so I had to try it out :)
Our tailgate set-up



The Gold Girls


With the Gecko




It rained. A lot. But don't we look good in our ponchos??


No comments:

Post a Comment