Friday, September 21, 2012

Wait for it...

Anyone that knows me knows that I am a very impatient person. It is definitely one of my major flaws. When I decide I want something, I want it. Not in five minutes or 5 months or 5 years. I want it right that moment. And, when I don't get it, I can be ridiculously slightly difficult.

If only I could control life. If only everyone would do what I said, when I said it. If only I could control it all. Life would be so much better right?

Well, I used to think so. But, I am trying to take a new outlook on things- that God has things timed, perfectly, for me. I try to remind myself this when I question things or become impatient. Throughout my whole life, He has shown me that His plans are even better than the plans I could make for myself. And if I can't be the one in control of certain things in my own life, who better to do it for me?

One major event in my life that has led to my strong belief in this was when my husband and I decided to look at houses. We were not married at the time, but we both knew we were heading in that direction. We looked at a lot of houses, online and in person. We found a house, in Kernersville, that I liked. Dustin decided it was sufficient, and we put in an offer on the house. I was so anxious. I wanted to know, right then, that we had gotten the house and we could move in tomorrow. Those of you who have purchased a home know that this is an absurd idea, but I thought I was special :) Anyways, we didn't get the house. Another person put in a better offer, so ours was declined. I was so disappointed. I wanted a home, and I was so discouraged that we did not get that one.

A few months later, however, after seeing a few more houses, we found our house. We made an appointment to see the house, and fell in love. It was the perfect combination of my taste and my very picky, very difficult husbands taste. We put an offer on the house, and 30 days later, it was all ours.

When we moved in this house, I suddenly understood why things did not work out with the first house. That house wasn't home. God knew that. He knew there was a better option for us. He knew what was coming for us. And I am so glad that He did.

Of course, there have been many more times in my life when I have had this same realization. That "Aha" moment, when you completely understand why something didn't work out before. It is always because something better is yet to come. And, let's be honest, the longer you wait for something, the more you appreciate it when you finally have it.

I leave you with this amazing quote, as it is my newest life motto:


patience



2 comments:

  1. Lindsey,

    And just think, you both now have a home that you worked on together and re-did together! You can say that the two of you shared hard work and labor in your new home =) You know how I feel about that situation!

    Keep diggin!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soooo true! And a great motto to remember throughout life!

    ReplyDelete